By: Alice Robertson
Are you going to be working from home for the next few months or years even? If so, you’ll need a comfortable home workspace that maximizes productivity, reduces distractions, stress and boosts your mood — even on the days when you’d rather do anything but sit behind a desk. For some tips on building the perfect home office space that checks all these boxes, read on!
Building and Designing a Comfortable Home Office
Whether you’ll be converting a spare room into an office or building an addition onto your home, it’s important to create a comfortable space that you enjoy spending time in — while also keeping project costs and IRS requirements in mind as you begin your renovation.
● Start by familiarizing yourself with the IRS requirements for home office tax deductions.
● Next, estimate your home office renovation costs. Typically, your renovation expenses will depend on whether you’re adding a room, converting an existing space, and installing a custom closet, built-in shelving unit, and new flooring.
● Plan your office renovation and start purchasing the furniture and equipment that you’ll need to fill your new workspace.
● Purchase a comfortable office chair that fits your budget and personal style. Some of the top-reviewed office chairs are available from brands such as Steelcase, Herman Miller, and Amazon Basics, to name a few. In addition, if you are concern about strain on your body from prolonged sitting, you may want to invest in an ergonomic office chair. Guide to selecting the best ergonomic office chairs as recommended by Chiropractors and Orthopedic Surgeons are discussed in this article.
Organization Tricks to Boost Productivity
A clean, decluttered, and organized office space is key to boosting productivity, reducing stress and eliminating distractions. These simple organization tricks will help you to create a productive and stylish home office environment in no time!
● Organize your office space in a way that fits your lifestyle and personality. Depending on your business needs and the size of your office space, you could use cubbies, wall calendars, and shelving units to keep your belongings organized.
● Clean and declutter your office space for maximum comfort and productivity.
● Keep your computer desktop organized and clutter-free to reduce stress and additional distractions during the workday.
● Learn how to effectively declutter your filing cabinets and paperwork.
Now that you’ve built, designed, and organized your new home office space, it’s time to incorporate some healthy habits into your workday.
If you’ll be working from home for the long-haul, you’ll need a designated office space that’s organized, decluttered, and free of the many distractions that could keep you from getting your work done each day. Once you’ve created a productive workspace, you’ll be on your way to enjoying the many great benefits of working from home!
About Author: Alice Robertson founded tidyhome.info as an outlet to share the great cleaning and organizing advice she has developed over the years. Alice absolutely loves helping others, and she knows very well that having a clean, organized home can be wonderful to ease stress and benefit one's mental health.